UEFA announces application process for potential hosts of UEFA EURO 2028 | Within UEFA
UEFA EURO 2028 will take place over 51 matches and bring together 24 teams, as was the case for the two previous tournaments. Joint bids are allowed, provided the candidate countries are geographically compact.
Interested parties will need to provide 10 stadiums, with the following capacities:
• At least 1 stadium with at least 60,000 net seats
• At least 1 stadium, preferably 2 stadiums, with at least 50,000 net seats
• Minimum of 4 stadiums with at least 40,000 net seats
• Minimum of 3 stadiums with at least 30,000 net seats
The schedule of tenders, which interested parties should follow, can be viewed here:
• March 23, 2022 – Deadline for national associations to confirm their interest in bidding
• March 30, 2022 – The requirements of the offer are made available to bidders
• 5 April 2022 – Announcement of the candidates by UEFA
• April 12, 2023 – Deadline for submission of the final application file
• September 2023 – Nomination of host (s) for UEFA EURO 2028
In order to ensure compatibility with the sporting and commercial format of the competition, the automatic qualification of the organizing team or teams will only be guaranteed for a single host or at most two common organizing associations, as always implemented in the pass.
In the event of more than two common organizing associations, the automatic qualification of all the organizing teams cannot be guaranteed and will be the subject of a decision to be taken in conjunction with the decisions concerning the qualifying competition.
As the competition rules have not yet been published, the information concerning the dates, the number of participating teams and the number of matches are provisional and may therefore change.